PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Revit Curtainwalls - Mixed glazing types?

bpoppe
2015-09-28, 11:25 PM
I'm trying to create a curtain wall with glazing panels with different levels of transparency. The overall panel type is typically translucent (10% transparent) and I'm trying to have horizontal bands of transparent (100% transparent) glazing panels.

It works in hidden line mode, but I can't seem to get the transparent glazing to show up properly in the render window. It's all one type visually, even though the panel types are different.

I've created different panel types and they're referencing different glazing types. (10%transparent/90%reflective, 50%transparent/50%reflective, 90%transparent/10%reflective). But like I noted, all of the glazing is showing up similarly in the render window.

What am I missing setting this up correctly?

Thanks,
Brian

dhurtubise
2015-09-29, 05:41 AM
Did you set transparency right in the material dialog? It is not the same as the Graphics one.
Graphics will be used when using a shaded view while Appearance will be use in render

bpoppe
2016-01-06, 10:29 PM
Circling back to this thread to close it out. It was user error all along. I had used a mass to create the storefront form. The mass was still visible and that's what I was "seeing" through the transparent glazing. Whether it was 50% or 10% transparent I was still seeing the gray mass behind the glazing. So once I hid the mass it was much, much better.