PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Revising a Legend

MikeJarosz
2015-10-02, 02:46 PM
I inherited a project that has a partition type sheet made entirely as a legend view. The project is far into construction and I need to issue a revision. Revision clouds on ordinary model views are working as expected, but the legend view accepts the cloud, but will not put the revision number in the tag even though it works in model views. Instead I get a question mark.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this one of those Revit "features"?

CAtDiva
2015-10-02, 05:11 PM
I inherited a project that has a partition type sheet made entirely as a legend view. The project is far into construction and I need to issue a revision. Revision clouds on ordinary model views are working as expected, but the legend view accepts the cloud, but will not put the revision number in the tag even though it works in model views. Instead I get a question mark.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this one of those Revit "features"?

Are your revisions by sheet or project? If by sheet, what shows in the tag on the sheet? I'm just thinking that in the Legend View itself it wouldn't know what the revision sequence is because Legends are the only view type that can be placed on multiple sheets.

david_peterson
2015-10-02, 05:25 PM
I'm guessing the legend in on more than one sheet so you can't put a rev number in the view.
I've always been an advocate of putting clouds on the sheets. This is just one issue that it eliminates.
It also fixed the issue have using linked views in another model and having clouds all of a sudden start to show up.

MikeJarosz
2015-10-02, 06:58 PM
I tried to add a revision to the partition types the same way I did the plans - by activating the view. After reading these responses, I tried NOT activating the view, and it worked. Apparently, legends need to show revision clouds in paper space rather than model space.

david_peterson
2015-10-05, 12:14 PM
That's again part of the reason that I always put them on the sheet and not in the view. When Plans are used as background for consultants, those clouds show up and need to be turned off. It also makes cleaning up exports much easier since all the clouds would be on the sheet file and not the model file.