PDA

View Full Version : view range

Wagurto
2005-03-19, 03:27 PM
I am in the second floor and I want my cut view plain to stay at 4' but I don't want the cut plane to cut my first floor roof. How do i do that? (see picture)
Thanks

Scott D Davis
2005-03-19, 03:52 PM
Plan Region, set to show the roof below without cutting it.

Wagurto
2005-03-19, 07:23 PM
I knew that it is possible, but how Scott? should rise the cut plan enough not to cut the roof and the create region at 4 to cut my second floor? that's the way is done? or how?

mlgatzke
2005-03-19, 09:04 PM
Draw a Plan Region (I think it's in the View tab) around the area that you want the View Parameters set differently than the rest of your view, set the parameters for the Plan Region, and click on Finish. Voila.

Scott D Davis
2005-03-20, 03:22 PM
Your normal plan view will default to cut at 4'-0" above the level that defines the floor. Draw the plan region around the roof area only, and set it's cut at maybe 8 or 10 feet above the same level, in the properties of the plan region.

JTF
2005-03-20, 04:15 PM
Scott, would Wagurto need 2 or 3 separate plan regions or can it be done with just one in his case. As it is not possible to nest plan regions.

As you mention that drawing a plan region around the lower roof will do the job with setting the cut level higher.

If it is done with one plan region around the lower roof and you place windows in the upper walls they will not be cut.

just wondering if you have a way that you describe or would it require more then one.

Thanks Todd

Scott D Davis
2005-03-20, 04:34 PM
Plan Region would be drawn to outside face of upper walls, and then around the rest of the roof. Upper floor windows will still show at their normal cut, while the roof inside of the plan region will show at the cut plane height you specifiy. One plan region is needed. In the attached image, red line is the plan region.

JTF
2005-03-20, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

Scott what if there was another portion of hip roof to the right side of the plan image in the post which would then surround the upper floor level. is there still a way of achieving this.

As you can see with the plan image used, it is possible to outline the second floor in this case by skipping back around the upper level as you have shown.

Any ideas Thanks

mlgatzke
2005-03-20, 07:43 PM
You could simply find a place where you can leave a very slight gap in the Plan Region boundary and wrap the boundary around the central portion of the building. I don't know if Revit will allow you to draw an "island" within a Plan Region (like when you cut a hole in a floor or roof from within the floor or roof sketch). You could use multiple Plan Regions, but you have to be careful that they don't intersect - Revit doesn't like Plan Regions to intersect.

Scott D Davis
2005-03-21, 05:30 AM
No 'islands' as Mike suggests..revit wont allow them. The slight gap technique works, though!