PDA

View Full Version : 2015 delete split face

MikeJarosz
2015-10-16, 04:15 PM
I have a precast wall with brick veneer where individual bricks have been picked out to receive accent colors using split face and paint material. A few of the bricks were located incorrectly (by someone else of course, not me) and I have to remove the mistakes. The paint material came right off, but nothing I do can get at the split face itself. I can tab the area all day and all Revit finds is the precast wall, not the split face. I tried modify split face and deleted the line, but all I got was "sketch is empty". Apparently modify split face cannot be used to edit an existing face.

You can see in the attached image that every seventh course gets an accent brick and the mistaken break in the pattern. Before starting this post, I checked help and several other sites. From the number of posts I found as far back as 2004, split face has given users trouble. Any ideas what else I can try?

Duncan Lithgow
2015-10-20, 11:27 AM
Have you tried opening the sketch, copying the content, closing the sketch, deleting the Split Face, starting a new Split Face and pasting the copied sketch into it? (of course removing the bits you don't want before closing the sketch)

MikeJarosz
2015-11-19, 03:45 PM
After thrashing over this problem for several weeks, I found the answer. A split face that can't be selected in elevation can be selected in a 3D view! :idea:

My next experiment will be to see if area takeoffs can read split face areas.

Duncan Lithgow
2015-11-19, 10:26 PM
Material Area takeoff should work.