PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Cad Link Layer Visibility

david_peterson
2015-10-19, 02:52 PM
We have a project that's going into construction and our consultants decided to start sending us Weekly updated Cad Backgrounds.
We've already linked them in before they started this process.
I did a little testing and was just trying to verify my results.
When you link in a cad file for the first time you, Revit will leave whatever layers are off or frozen, unchecked in the VG settings.
When you update the Cad file (say you added some layers, or turned off additional layers or turned some one) Revit won't update those in the VG.

It would appear that Revit won't take on any adjusted Layer settings from a Cad link.
Anyone have any good ideas on how to make that happen short of removing and relinking all of them?

Thanks in advance.

CAtDiva
2015-10-19, 03:15 PM
We have a project that's going into construction and our consultants decided to start sending us Weekly updated Cad Backgrounds.
We've already linked them in before they started this process.
I did a little testing and was just trying to verify my results.
When you link in a cad file for the first time you, Revit will leave whatever layers are off or frozen, unchecked in the VG settings.
When you update the Cad file (say you added some layers, or turned off additional layers or turned some one) Revit won't update those in the VG.

It would appear that Revit won't take on any adjusted Layer settings from a Cad link.
Anyone have any good ideas on how to make that happen short of removing and relinking all of them?

Thanks in advance.

If you use view templates, you can set the visibility of CAD layers on the "Imported Categories" tab.

RobDraw
2015-10-22, 02:19 PM
Delete and reattach.

jsnyder.68308
2015-10-22, 04:51 PM
Delete and reattach.

I agree, but maybe combined with view templates depending on how many DWGs/layers you are dealing with. I personally find it much easier to deal with layers in AutoCAD than Revit.

DaveP
2015-10-22, 06:21 PM
Just came across this myself today.
Apparently, once you've Linked in a DWG, those are the Layers you get to work with.
We added several Layers to the DWG after it was Linked, and those new Layers simply do not show up in Revit.
Neither Reload or Reload From made any difference.
The only thing we could do was to (as Rob says) Delete the Link and Attach in again.
Which means you have to do the Import settings in ALL of your Views and ALL of your View Templates.:cry:
Support Request time!