PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Problemer med Revit 2016? Lists, Shortcuts & Color Schemes

Duncan Lithgow
2015-10-22, 08:13 AM
I have these problems with Revit 2016. I would like to hear if others have them as well. I haven't checked if these are present in earlier releases.

Lists - if I make a numbered list like this with the help of CTRL+ENTER for newlines:
Solved - see reply

1. Apples
Golden Delicious

Granny Smith
2. Pears

as soon as I close the Text dialogue it changes to this

1. Apples
2. Golden Delicious
3. Granny Smith
4. Pears

(Apple variants keep their indent after the number, but I can't get the text of this post to do the same)

Shortcuts 1
Solved - see reply
I cannot find the shortcuts I've imported from my customized file. Some of them do still work, But I can't find them in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialogue. This is a problem as I can't document them or find the ones I've forgotten.

Shortcuts 2
Also I can't use the shortcuts for Cutain Wall ALT+A+CG for Curtain Grid. Instead I get a Column, for which the shortcut is ALT+A+C.

Color Schemes
The colors of my Color Schemes (for Rooms) are being reset all the time. I'm losing my customization.

Duncan Lithgow
2015-10-22, 08:56 AM
I can get around the list problem by explicitly selecting the entries I want ignored in the numbering and setting then as List : None.

DaveP
2015-10-22, 02:19 PM
Regarding your Shortcuts, do you still have an older version installed?
If so, you can Export the settings from that version and Import them into 2016.
In either case, the Shortcuts are stored here:
C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2016\KeyboardShortcuts.xml
Even if you uninstalled the older versions, I wouldn't be surprised to see that file still hanging around.

And I have not heard of the Color Schemes changing themselves.

david_peterson
2015-10-23, 05:04 PM
When you imported them did you use the overwrite or the merge?
I've noticed that he merge option tends to fail when you get duplicate short cuts. Or I should say I haven't had good luck getting my custom ones to be the primary short cut keys when there's duplicates in the file.

We've had the same color schemes set up since about 2010 and haven't notice them change at all.

Duncan Lithgow
2015-10-27, 09:49 AM
Thanks David, that was my problem with shortcuts, overwrite works better than merge.