PDA

View Full Version : how to cut a roof?!

pfrederico
2005-03-19, 09:44 PM
I'm trying to cut the roof by the wall, so I can delete half of it and have just half remaining, but I don't know how to do it. Can please anyone help me?

Thanks

patricks
2005-03-19, 10:12 PM
You will need to edit the roof and just drag the other end down to the face of the wall.

Or you could edit the roof, pick the face of that tall wall as the end of the roof (no overhang and do not extend to core), and then have only 3 slope-defining lines.

Either way you'll have to edit the roof. I don't believe you can just cut it and delete part of it. That is, you can't split the roof like you can split a line or a wall.

pfrederico
2005-03-19, 11:09 PM
It was easier than I thought! I just had to select the roof line and chose to not define a slope there! Thanks Patrick :D

muttlieb
2005-03-19, 11:17 PM
I can't simply drag the roof as you say! As soon as I select it and I press edit I go into sketch mode.

When in sketch mode select the sketch line representing the end of the roof you want to move and drag it to its new location.

cadkiller
2005-03-19, 11:20 PM
The sketch mode is when you can edit the roof.
When in sketch mode select the three sides of the roof and drag it.
Use a ref plane to snap to if need be.
Select the side of roof in sketch mode and unselect the defining slope option in the option bar.
This will remove the slope on the one side that you don't want a slope on.