PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Room bounding unchecked but still shown as bound

aferrigan
2015-10-27, 10:03 PM
I'm working in Revit 2016 and I'm having a problem with keeping walls as non room bounding. I can uncheck it and the wall is no longer room bounding (which is great), but once I sync the drawing all of the walls go back to being room bounding. See attached image showing Meeting Room - C. If I click on the wall that divides Meeting Room in half, the Properties menu says that it is NOT a room bounding wall - the box is not checked, but the room tag and square footage is clearly showing that only half of the room is being calculated in the square footage total. Any ideas on how to fix this? 102308

Duncan Lithgow
2015-10-28, 08:38 AM
I'm pretty sure I've seen this before. But I can't remember how I fixed it. Try making a fresh file. Open detached, delete central and all locals, save as new central, close, create new local with audit checked. See if that helps. You can also just start with an audit during loading.

aferrigan
2015-10-29, 08:34 PM
I'm probably not going to be able to do that. This is a huge model with about 25 people working on it. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Dimitri Harvalias
2015-10-29, 10:40 PM
Any chance there are Design Options or Phasing being used on the project?
Create a section through the offending rooms and turn on the 'fill' for rooms to see what it looks like.

glynnis.patterson
2015-10-30, 01:04 AM
We saw this recently and discovered that the level associated with the room was unexpectedly low (due to a split level condition) - the resolution was to delete the room then re-apply at the correct level. We also saw something like this where there were invisible plan regions mucking up the results - the resolution was to delete the rogue plan region. I don't think the problem is the wall that you are seeing in the middle - I think it's something else. I agree with Dimitri that a section might clarify.

Duncan Lithgow
2015-11-02, 09:35 PM
I'm probably not going to be able to do that. This is a huge model with about 25 people working on it. Thanks for the suggestion though!

All the more reason to be doing regular maintenance of the file.