PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Revit Room tag and Room legend

aissajez846157
2015-11-11, 03:49 PM
Hello,
I have a specific question about revit room legends and room tags. I have a custom room tag that only shows the room number asigned to the different rooms in the plan view. I wanna create a legend next to the plan view to display the rooms number and the name of each one that would update automatically depending on the rooms in the plan view.
Please Follow the link to see an example of the desired result.
http://archrecord.construction.com/projects/portfolio/2012/05/Calder-Foundation-Project-Space-slideshow.asp?slide=11
Thanks in advance.

Dimitri Harvalias
2015-11-11, 04:51 PM
Create your 'legend' as a room schedule. You won't be able to place the schedule in the plan view but you can place it on a sheet view next to the plan.

Brian Myers
2015-11-11, 05:33 PM
The "update automatically" per what is displayed in the view is the problem. The closest you can come is this (and yes, it's odd and I don't recommend it.)

Create TWO Color Fill Legends. One of them which reports the room number, the other which displays the room name. Place them side by side. Set all the colors to be "no color". For the legend itself you can adjust the "swatch width" and "swatch height" to be 0" so the swatches go away.

BUT, even if you are willing to do this, you will need to adjust the order of these manually so that the numbers match up with the names. Thus it's likely not worth it except under very special situations.

aissajez846157
2015-11-18, 02:38 PM
Thank you for your advice Brian. I will try it and see if it suites my needs as I have a small project so I can orginize the color scheme, it won't be a tedious work. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot, It was the first thing I thought of and I tried, since schedules are not my strong point, I had difficulty seperating by each floor. otherwise I thinks it's the best solution so far. Thanks.