PDA

View Full Version : First Post

Glen_Johnston
2005-03-21, 05:12 PM
Hi all, Well this is my first post in a very long time, a number of years ago I changed jobs and did not use AutoCAD on a regular basis and I kinda drifted away from AUGI. I am now in a position that I use ACAD on a daily basis, so I have rejoined AUGI.

I can not tell you the number of times that the answers to my CAD questions were found just by reading the forums. in the future I plan to ask a few questions, and hopefully answer some questions as well.

Glen

Wanderer
2005-03-21, 05:15 PM
Hi all, Well this is my first post in a very long time, a number of years ago I changed jobs and did not use AutoCAD on a regular basis and I kinda drifted away from AUGI. I am now in a position that I use ACAD on a daily basis, so I have rejoined AUGI.

I can not tell you the number of times that the answers to my CAD questions were found just by reading the forums. in the future I plan to ask a few questions, and hopefully answer some questions as well.

Glen
Welcome, Glen!!!

Glad that you've rejoined. I know the feeling of learning things you didn't know you didn't know just by a little reading up here.

Glenn Pope
2005-03-21, 05:21 PM
Welcome Glen with 1 "n".

Wanderer
2005-03-21, 05:28 PM
Welcome Glen with 1 "n".
lol. I noted that, too. My father (and grandfather) spell their Glen's with only one 'n' also...

Glenn Pope
2005-03-21, 07:12 PM
lol. I noted that, too. My father (and grandfather) spell their Glen's with only one 'n' also...
People always try to spell my name with one n. Have to correct them "No that is not my name. Theres another n in there. :-x ".

Glen_Johnston
2005-03-21, 07:27 PM
Glenn, I know what you mean, only in reverse! My last name is Johnston, and most of the time I get 2 N's in Glen and no T in Johnston!

One N

CADKitty
2005-03-21, 07:31 PM
People always try to spell my name with one n. Have to correct them "No that is not my name. Theres another n in there. :-x ".
They're probably the same people that take your extra 'n' and add it to my name! So to review: we have Glenn, Glen, and Jen.

Any questions? ;)

BTW, welcome back to the mayhem Glen!

BrenBren
2005-03-21, 08:10 PM
Well, GlenN, maybe if you spelled your name the right way, you wouldn't have these problems ;)

Glenn Pope
2005-03-21, 09:16 PM
Well, GlenN, maybe if you spelled your name the right way, you wouldn't have these problems ;)
Hey, mine is the correct spelling. Its Glen that spells it wrong and somehow got every one to believe its right. :razz:

Glenn Pope
2005-03-21, 09:17 PM
Glenn, I know what you mean, only in reverse! My last name is Johnston, and most of the time I get 2 N's in Glen and no T in Johnston!

One N
Well, Glenn Johnson does sound better ;-)

Glen_Johnston
2005-03-22, 12:18 AM
Well, Glenn Johnson does sound better ;-)
Well I think my parents would disagree with you on that one (especially my dad, Glen Johnston Sr.):)

So to recap, we now have:

Two one N's - Jen & Glen
&
One two NN - Glenn

Any other single or double letter name confusion out there?

By the way, it feels good to be a member of Augi once again!

1N-1T

Brian Myers
2005-03-22, 01:55 AM
Its not a double letter confusion, but confusion none the less.

I'm Brian Myers but most people spell my name Brian Myer or Brian Meyer or Brian Meyers or Bryan Myer. But my favorite is Brain Myers... nothing like people calling you a brain....

BrenBren
2005-03-22, 01:33 PM
Until you pointed that out, I never realized that your last name was myers. I always assumed it was meyers. That's what happens when you dont' actually read things, you only glance at them - your brain sees what you are familiar with. LOL But the Brian part I was good on. My brother is Bryan and it was ALWAYS getting spelled wrong, so I watch for that one :)

Its not a double letter confusion, but confusion none the less.

I'm Brian Myers but most people spell my name Brian Myer or Brian Meyer or Brian Meyers or Bryan Myer. But my favorite is Brain Myers... nothing like people calling you a brain....

Wanderer
2005-03-22, 01:53 PM
Until you pointed that out, I never realized that your last name was myers. I always assumed it was meyers. That's what happens when you dont' actually read things, you only glance at them - your brain sees what you are familiar with. LOL But the Brian part I was good on. My brother is Bryan and it was ALWAYS getting spelled wrong, so I watch for that one :)
let's not even go into getting your name spelled incorrectly!!!
oh, no, wait, let's do!!!

melody, meloney, melannie, melonie, melany, melissa, melinda, miranda, madeline...
um, just call me darlene... olo.

Mike.Perry
2005-03-22, 05:35 PM
melody, meloney, melannie, melonie, melany, melissa, melinda, miranda, madeline...
um, just call me darlene... olo.You appear to have forgotten Mel ;-)

Wanderer
2005-03-22, 05:38 PM
You appear to have forgotten Mel ;-)
you don't want me to bust out those noodles again do you... mr. perry!?!?! ;)

Glenn Pope
2005-03-22, 05:46 PM
you don't want me to bust out those noodles again do you... mr. perry!?!?! ;)
So calling you Mel get the noodle treatment.

Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel

Wanderer
2005-03-22, 05:58 PM
So calling you Mel get the noodle treatment.

Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel, Mel
~shakes head~ sorry, I know you don't really mean it, you just want some corporal punishment.

Mike.Perry
2005-03-22, 06:00 PM
you don't want me to bust out those noodles again do you... mr. perry!?!?! ;) [ Mr Perry Mode = On ] Yes Please! [ Mr Perry Mode = Off ]

CADKitty
2005-03-22, 07:47 PM
let's not even go into getting your name spelled incorrectly!!!
Ha! You guys have it easy - try getting your name pronounced correctly!

It's amazing how many different ways you can butcher 'Leamy' (pronounced lee-me)

I've gotten (phonetically spelled, here): Lemme, Leahme, Lemay, Leahme....

Grrrrrrrr......:banghead:

Glenn Pope
2005-03-22, 08:01 PM
~shakes head~ sorry, I know you don't really mean it, you just want some corporal punishment.
Yes your right, ma'am.