PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Cannot pull exterior walls apart.

MikeJarosz
2015-11-24, 05:15 PM
I have an exterior wall made up of stacked elements. I've posted various problems with this wall over the last few months. Here's another one. My building is rectangular and has four corners. Two of them mitre perfectly, so I know it CAN work, but two of them somehow became overlapped and I cannot separate them. I've tried wall join, cut geometry. I've tried to pull then apart by aligning to reference planes. I've dragged shape handles and mystery blue dots that move without affecting the wall. This matters because I'm planning a high resolution rendering and this corner is right up front. This is what it looks like:

Duncan Lithgow
2015-11-25, 12:17 PM
What does it look like in 3d? Do the two walls have the same top and bottom elevation?

MikeJarosz
2015-11-25, 02:23 PM
What does it look like in 3d? Do the two walls have the same top and bottom elevation?

It's really one wall on a level footing. Same top elev, same bott elev. In the attached 3D, red circle is overlap, blue circle is correct mitre.

MikeJarosz
2015-11-25, 03:56 PM
I found a roundabout solution. Using the split wall with gap tool, I broke each wall into 2, thinking I could then delete the overlapping halves and rejoin the remaining 2 end pieces. Surprisingly, the overlapping halves automatically mitred themselves! So I deleted the non-overlapping halves instead and stretched the mitred ends to join the adjacent panels. 3D view looks clean and sharp now.

Wall join tools in Revit need work.

Duncan Lithgow
2015-11-26, 09:54 AM
Wall join tools in Revit need work.

Sure does. And kicking Revit a bit so it is forced to reevaluate things seems to help.