PDA

View Full Version : Assembly Tags in Section

photography67836
2005-03-21, 05:48 PM
Is it possible to make tags that automatically fill in the appropriate mark # in a section view? I have one that has to be manually filled in, but it's not very Revit-like if you know what I mean. If I have to, I will make one that pulls the Wall Tag, Floor Tag etc. data, but I just need some direction in how to do so.

Thanks for any suggestions!

photography67836
2005-03-21, 10:11 PM
Anyone?

We're in a bit of a crunch...

Wes Macaulay
2005-03-22, 01:52 AM
Hey mate.... just got in from holidays... got your voice mail too! ;-)

You're going to have to use a generic annotation instead of a floor/wall tag. The Factory hasn't made all tags work in section because they have a good reason why not (which I can't remember).

I also have a generic room tag since those tags don't work in sections either.

If you want me to e-mail some of these to you, I can... you have to create a new type for each type needed.

Michelle Gibson
2005-04-21, 07:49 PM
Replied once to you already, but am wondering about the tags you've made. Does that mean that if I have 20 wall types I need 20 generic tags? Do these update as I change wall types? This one is going to really bug me...

Wes Macaulay
2005-04-21, 08:01 PM
Glad to see they use Revit in the very centre of Canada (if you count the length of the Trans Canada, right?)

Here's the tag I've used for Sections. In this tag, the parameter value for the assembly is a type parameter, so there's a type for each wall type, floor type, etc. You could edit the label and make it an instance parameter so you wouldn't need a new type, just enter in the value and you're done. But then if you change a wall type number you gotta run around the project and change them all manually - like in AutoCAD. Who needs that?

With the tags in plan, you don't need separate types of course... you just tag away.

I don't know what the deal is here with Revit not tagging walls and floors in section. It doesn't make sense to me either.