PDA

View Full Version : 2014 No levels in project

will714946
2015-11-30, 04:53 PM
Hello,

The issue I'm having is that I'm re-using an old project file to create a template for my workplace in Revit 2014 (will be used to upgrade to R15 and R16 projects as well). In purging and removing pieces and elements of the old project file, I've deleted all the levels/datums used in the original file.

At this point I cannot create a level or floor plan in the new file. Even when linking a new architectural file, I cannot see their levels to copy/monitor because I have no floor plans to cut sections in. Is there a way to get new levels into the project and be able to utilize this file? This is being done in Revit 2014, any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

PijPiwo
2015-11-30, 06:48 PM
You can create a floor plan view going to View tab -> Plan Views -> Floor Plan -> pick level 1 and click ok.

will714946
2015-11-30, 06:53 PM
You can create a floor plan view going to View tab -> Plan Views -> Floor Plan -> pick level 1 and click ok.

I have no floor plans, sections, or elevation views. Without one of those types of views, I am unable (as far as I know) to create a new level.

PijPiwo
2015-11-30, 07:44 PM
Have you even tried what's in the post #2?

PijPiwo
2015-11-30, 08:39 PM
Any luck?
Even though all the views were deleted, I still have levels in the New Floor Plan window.

will714946
2015-11-30, 09:04 PM
Any luck?
Even though all the views were deleted, I still have levels in the New Floor Plan window.

The information in post #2 is impossible because the LEVELS were deleted. There is no reference for a floor plan to be created from. 102529

PijPiwo
2015-11-30, 10:12 PM
I tried to recreate your problem and it looks like deleting all model views in the project browser does not delete levels. They are still in the project as seen on the pic in post 5. Levels deleted in the project environment however, are gone for good. I don’t think they can be recreated afaik, but I’d love to be proven wrong.

Steve_Stafford
2015-12-01, 06:12 AM
I was under the impression that it is not possible to delete all levels (it used to require at least one level) but after testing this in Revit 2015 R2 I find that it IS possible to delete all the levels...that's not how it used to work.

To be certain that you have no levels at all you can also create a schedule of Levels...see if any show up.

If you really have not levels, create a new one in an elevation view: Architecture ribbon tab > Datum > Levels

Edit: With just one level in a project the Delete button is disabled when you select it. When you select more than one level at a time you can delete all of them...that's a bad idea... :(

DaveP
2015-12-01, 04:24 PM
Haven't tried this, but would it be possible to Link in a dummy project and then Bind it?
Make sure you do check the "Levels and Grids" box.
Then delete the Group after the Bind.