PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Separate Drawing Sets

paudy86
2015-12-01, 05:24 PM
Hi,
I am trying to figure out the best work flow for creating separate drawing sets in a project.

Basically we have a project with two different drawing packages. The main drawing package includes all of our drawings but the Planning drawing set only icludes about half of the drawings. The drawings in the Planning Set are identical to the main set apart from the fact that we cant have any view references showing that refer to drawings not being submitted.

Duplicating the views could be problematic as we would need to remember to update both views whenever we change annotation, visibility graphics etc. Duplicating as dependent means would mean we would have to keep track of which view references are turned on or off.
Is it possible to put view references on their own workset?

I'd be interested to know how other people approach this.

Thanks,
P

MikeJarosz
2015-12-01, 08:00 PM
Revit allows you to make named sets of drawings. You can create a set of drawings named Main Set containing drawings A-101 through A-999, and a set named Planning Set that contains only drawings A-101 through A-127 (or any combination you need). When it comes time to print, export to PDF or DWG, you just use the correct named set. The settings are under the application icon (the big "R" in the upper left) under print.

Dimitri Harvalias
2015-12-02, 06:40 PM
This is almost a 'one time only' sort of situation so I agree that duplicating views would be a serious PITA. It really only happens when you print and, for your planning submission, that should only need to happen a few times.
It's a nuisance but I'd probably create duplicate view types (Wall Section , Building Section, Detail Callout etc.) that are the 'planning only' views and apply them appropriately. Create filters that allow you to hide those view references. Prior to plotting, your browser can be set to group those views and then you can apply the filter to the views, plot, and then re-apply your regular view templates.