PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Revit to AutoCAD Export Color

kittyj2345712753
2015-12-03, 09:45 PM
Working in Revit LT 2014.

Our office is trying to figure out how to export from Revit to AutoCAD (also 2014) and have a DWG that will print correctly without needing to modify graphics in AutoCAD. The best workflow I can figure out is to export from Revit using "Export category properties BYLAYER and overrides BYENTITY" and then plot from AutoCAD using a ctb file that prints using the object's lineweight setting rather than color. Theoretically, with this workflow I should be able to export a sheet to AutoCAD, plot it, and have it look exactly the same as a plot directly from Revit. (Right?)
I did that, and they are not the same (see two attachments). The differences I notice immediately are not lineweights, but color of fills: the walls, scale bar, and filled regions in title block are all darker in the AutoCAD version than they are in the version exported directly from Revit. Why would the graphic properties of those objects not be translated to AutoCAD properly?

I tried selecting "True Color" instead of "Index Color" in the solids tab, but that was worse.

Also, if you know a better way to approach this workflow, I'd love to hear about it!