PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Scheme Definition Mayhem

ctc
2015-12-15, 10:38 PM
I am terribly confused by the behavior of Scheme Definitions when creating/editing a Color Scheme. When I edit the definitions of a particular scheme by deleting or adding definitions, it changes all of the other definitions in all of the other schemes. Why?

Dimitri Harvalias
2015-12-15, 11:08 PM
I can't seem to replicate this in my installation.
Maybe I'm not understanding the issue but changing the definition of one scheme should not affect any other scheme.
Is this occurring in all project files?
In what way does it change all the other definitions?

ctc
2015-12-17, 12:55 AM
The screenshots Rooms_Scheme 1 and Rooms_Name show the existing definitions for each of those schemes.
I then edit the Name scheme as shown in Rooms_Name_New.
When I then delete the Scheme 1 look what happens to the Name scheme as shown in Rooms_Name_New(2): All of my new definitions are lost and replaced by the Scheme 1 definitions.
What's up?

barthbradley
2015-12-17, 01:12 AM
I'm curious. How did you "delete" Scheme 1? I can replicate it too, but not always. Depends on when you delete.

EDIT: Damn! I don't have the luxury of time right now to figure this out now. Sure would be nice to get some feedback on this (perhaps from Autodesk) to have the "pocketbook" knowledge for the future. But, I can definitely replicate it, albeit, not consistently. Maybe a bug? So far, it seems to be a hierarchal thing, with the top color scheme being a default scheme.

ctc
2015-12-17, 02:14 AM
I highlighted Scheme 1 and pressed the delete button. See Rooms_Scheme 1(2)

I only shared one example with you, but the more schemes I change the wackier it gets.

barthbradley
2015-12-17, 11:35 PM
if it were me, I'd rename it "DO NOT DELETE ME".

ctc
2015-12-18, 03:10 PM
While a seemingly practical solution for the particular problem of deleting a color scheme, consider the following.

The attached screenshots Areas (Gross Building)_Phase, Areas (Rentable)_Scheme 1, and Rooms_Name are what I am beginning with after deleting all unwanted Color Schemes. Note that all Scheme Definition values are blank.

I first add two Scheme Definition values, Existing and New, into the Scheme 1 scheme. See screenshot Areas (Rentable)_Scheme 1(2). Note how the same Scheme Definition values are automatically added to the Phase and Name Color Schemes. See screenshots Areas (Gross Building)_Phase(2) and Rooms_Name(2).

I then add three Scheme Definition values, Bathroom and Bedroom and Hall, into the Name Color Scheme. See screenshot Rooms_Name(3). Note how the same Scheme Definition values are automatically added to the Scheme 1 and Phase Color Schemes. See screenshots Areas (Rentable)_Scheme 1(3) and Areas (Gross Building)_Phase(3).

I then delete the two unwanted Scheme Definition values, Existing and New, from the Name Color Scheme. See screenshot Rooms_Name(4). Note how these deleted Scheme definition values are automatically removed from the Phase and Scheme 1 Color Schemes. See screenshots Areas (Gross Building)_Phase(4) and Areas (Rentable)_Scheme 1(4).

barthbradley
2015-12-18, 11:27 PM
very thorough CTC. So, in a nut shell what does this mean?

ctc
2015-12-19, 12:11 AM
very thorough CTC. So, in a nut shell what does this mean?
This behavior is not expected and prevents me from being able to create several different unique Color Schemes.