PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Can't make type issue

werty_pz706962
2015-12-17, 03:52 PM
Greetings, all! First of all, I would like to apologize for my English, not a native speaker here.
I am relatively new to the world of Revit (got it this Monday) and have an assignment at my workplace (Ventilated Facade Engineering Studio) - to create a Tee Profile, which will be attached vertically with wall brackets. I have managed to create a parametrically related family, but when I decide to try it in a project, I get this error: "Can't make type <>". I've read all across the web, there were many approaches to clear this error, but nothing has worked for me. I am attaching my file, and would be more than grateful if someone with more experience would cast an eye and help me out. Thanks in advance :)

barthbradley
2015-12-17, 11:29 PM
Check out your Warnings in the Family...You got a mess of them!

werty_pz706962
2015-12-18, 06:51 AM
Thank you for the reply, barthbradley. All the errors I saw were that "slightly off axis", caused, in my opinion, by the complex form of the bracket extrusions. So I changed the shape to a simple one, the warning messages were gone, but the error when loading the family are still present. Any suggestions what may cause the problem now?
Update: I've tried loading the family piece by piece ( beam first, then 1st bracket, etc.) and the error appears the moment I include a bracket. No formulas or parameters included. I am stuck...

barthbradley
2015-12-18, 09:55 PM
I believe your complex form works, just correct for off axis lines. It wouldn't hurt though to simply it. I don't know what LOD you need, but a lot of those line making up the sketch are not going to be missed once you turn Thin Lines off. I think the Family would work better if the bracket extrusion was Nested into it. Also, I might suggest a Faced-Based Generic Model Template as your Host.