PDA

View Full Version : 2016 doors

viktoria.brett716755
2015-12-19, 11:15 PM
Hello

I'm new here and I'm not sure if creating of threads like this, just to ask a questions, is allowed, but I need your help.
I just started using Revit and wanted to put a door into my project and it appears like this:

Is there any way to change the look to something like that?

Thank you

dlpdi5b
2015-12-21, 01:50 AM
Doors are one of the more challenging things to model but yes Revit is powerful and flexibleand can do almost anything you can imagine. Try searching for steve staffords nested parametric door swing.

david_peterson
2015-12-21, 06:28 PM
Depending on the door family you are using, most likely there is a swing graphic that is nested in the door family.
Simply option is to edit that family and uncheck the visibility so the swing line no longer displays.
Or are you trying to add the swing line to the family?

MikeJarosz
2015-12-21, 07:18 PM
Revit has amazing flexibility to show doors almost any way you might want. Learning what it takes to accomplish this flexibility will take time and much effort. For example, all my doors show open with 90 degree swing in plan, but the same doors show closed in elevation. A neat trick that will take a bit of practice to learn how to do it.

david_peterson
2015-12-22, 02:03 PM
I've got a check box on mine. I can simply adjust the doors to show 3d open or closed. That way I can pick a box to open them for a quick fly thru without having to animate the doors.
But yep, you can do just about anything you want with them.