PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Views on Sheets w/o Rotating Title

gordgraff
2005-03-21, 09:20 PM
Hello All

I know how to rotate a view on a drawing sheet, however I don't know how to do so without the view title rotating as well. There must be a way to do this, otherwise the rotate view command wouldn't be very useful, but i can't seem to find an answer for this in the tutorials. If anyone knows a quick answer for how to do this i would be most appreciative. Thanks

Gordon Graff

beegee
2005-03-21, 11:09 PM
Turn on and select the crop region on the sheet.
Now you can rotate the crop region ( however there are limits to the degree of rotation in 7.0 - you can read more about this by searching the forum. )
You can rotate manually or enter a rotation angle.

Note, that the crop region itself remain orientated orthogonally and the view itself rotates.

gordgraff
2005-03-22, 02:24 AM
I tried that but all that seemed to do was rotate the crop box, with the view/drawing staying oriented the same way. I need to rotate the view/drawing itself without rotating the model (so it is only rotated for this particular view and not others). Did i just misunderstand your suggestion or is there another way i can accomplish this?

Thanks, Gordon

beegee
2005-03-22, 02:49 AM
The view should rotate ( the latest build of 7.0 fixed some earlier problesm )

See Image.

studiodd
2007-05-21, 12:09 PM
Hi,

Is this trick still working in rac2008, I am not able to make it work. I see the crop region rotating, but after I release the mouse button my crop region looks the same as before rotating...?

Ivan

aggockel50321
2007-05-21, 12:49 PM
The view rotates, not the crop region boundry. Once rotated, you can then re-adjust your boundry to include what you want in the view...

studiodd
2007-05-21, 06:29 PM
ok, it works with plan views, but not with elevations.

Is there another trick for elevations?

Ivan

aggockel50321
2007-05-22, 11:26 AM
They'd have to be rotated on the sheet....

studiodd
2007-05-22, 11:33 AM
Sorry Andrew, I don't understand what you mean:

I placed an elevation view on a sheet in rac2008:

When I select the viewport of the elevation, I can select 'rotation on view: 90degrees clockwise' , but my title also rotates.

When I keep ''rotation on view: none'' and select and rotate the crop box, the box rotates, but jumps back to it's original orientation when releasing the mouse.

Am I mad?

Ivan

m.thomas
2007-05-22, 12:29 PM
I just sorted this a few days ago for where i have different view rotations on a sheet but want all titles to be consistent.

The only way to achieve this is to open up the title family, saveas and call it e.g "title family rotated 90degree clockwise" Rotate the title text, graphics etc as required. Save family, and load into project.

Click on your rotated view and change the title family to the one you imported.

Sorry if my explanation is not clear as I'm busy and grabbing a sandwich at the same time.

studiodd
2007-05-22, 12:32 PM
Mies,

Yes, already figured that this is the only way to achieve it, though I am still not sure...

Ivan