PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Camera Views

Dimitri Harvalias
2003-11-27, 07:39 PM
I'm working on project which has gone through several versions (as a result of very nasty neighbors!) I want to create 'exact' duplicates of several rendered perspective views to show the changes from one scheme to the next.

Is there a way to 'export' the camera settings from one project to another? I have copied the settings (eye elevation, target elevation etc.) from one dialogue to the other but the views seem just slightly out of whack. I think it's the perceived focal length, field of view that is causing problems.

I have located my camera and target point dimesnionally relative to property liines so they are in the same spot but was hoping there is an easier way.

Any suggestions?

sbrown
2003-11-27, 08:14 PM
I don't know if this will work, but try going in to a plan view, then right click on the view, then show camera, the ctrl c to copy, then switch to your other project and paste align.

Dimitri Harvalias
2003-11-27, 09:03 PM
Worked like a charm. Sometimes the most obvious solution is also the correct one! Now if only I could do the same thing to create copies of my good clients. :wink:
Thanks Scott