PDA

View Full Version : Family icon

neels
2005-03-22, 05:19 AM
Why in some cases does the family icon display the default revit icon & not a preview of the family in thumbnail mode.

Steven Campbell
2005-03-22, 03:04 PM
Why in some cases does the family icon display the default revit icon & not a preview of the family in thumbnail mode. It is small bug in which if the view the preview is not open in the family at the time of the last save it Revit fails to regenerate a preview. Simply work around is make sure when you save the family the preview view is open or set the preview to the active view (but that may not give you the view you expect).

Steven Campbell
Autodesk Revit

neels
2005-03-23, 09:14 AM
How do you set the preview to the active view ?

Steve_Stafford
2005-03-23, 09:23 AM
How do you set the preview to the active view ?Just make sure the view you'd like to see as a thumbnail is open when you save and close the family.

neels
2005-03-23, 11:15 AM
here are the file it does'n want to work on my side

aaronrumple
2005-03-23, 02:45 PM
I create a named view called "Preview". In your family, I renamed 3D View 1 to Preview.
I then did a saveas, and selected "Options". Selected Preview as the preview view. And checked Generate graphics... box. This saved the preview and is the process I try to use when I'm not in a big hurry.

I do the same for my projects, but use the title sheet as the preview (which often includes a perspective view.)