PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Display Issue

npearson
2016-01-12, 06:09 PM
I appear to be having issues with my graphics card (NVIDIA Quadro 2000M) when using Revit (2014, 2015). Two issues in particular.
I'm working with three monitors in Windows 10. I like to have my properties window and project browser on a separate monitor to maximize my workspace. However, often when I open Revit, those windows appear to have a blank space covering a lot of the information. I've attached an image for reference. When this happens I have to keep restarting revit until the issue disappears.
The other issue that I have is when I move these windows around, I get a strange grey border "ghosting" as I'm moving the windows. When I let go of my mouse button to drop it in place, it isn't dropping where it should. I've attached an image of the ghosting as well.

Any help, suggestions would be fantastic! This is really affecting my efficiency.

david_peterson
2016-01-12, 07:26 PM
Since Adesk never updates their info and I'm assuming that was a certified card, have you dropped an e-mail to Nvidia?
Just a thought. I'm guessing there's a driver issue between the card and windows.
Just a thought.
Dose it go away if you turn off hardware acceleration?
If yes, then it's the card/driver.

meng005
2016-01-13, 04:32 PM
I would recommend going to the nVidia site to download their recommended driver for W10. If you already have that one installed, consider downgrading to an older version(Windows 8 perhaps?).
In addition, make sure your nVidia console shows that you are using the Quadro 2000M for the Revit application. If your motherboard has a built in video card, an application may default to the built in card.

npearson
2016-01-20, 02:13 PM
Hardware acceleration doesn't affect it, no.
I've never contacted nVidia though.

I've downloaded the drivers from the nVidia site to no avail.
I've set the console settings to use Quadro 2000M for PhysX configuration (though I'm not even sure if revit supports PhysX, and for Autodesk Revit it is set to high performance nVidia processor - it won't let me change anything there (under Manage 3D settings).