PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Wrapping label text around another label text [ in Keynote Tag family ]

ceciliasarate
2016-01-14, 07:57 PM
Is there any way to get the text of a label to wrap around the text of another label? Specifically in the Keynote Tag family, getting the keynote text label to wrap around the keynote value label. I have attached what I'm doing with views of the family and how it shows up in the drawing. Also attached is an image of what I want-- this was done by manually typing out the keynote text in the drawing rather than having it as a label in the keynote tag family. I'm trying to avoid manually typing it out in the drawing.

Thanks in advance!

ceciliasarate
2016-01-19, 05:20 PM
Anyone out there? Is this something that is just not currently possible?

buchrick344977
2016-01-19, 06:13 PM
You can make the Keynote to look as desired. The trouble will be with the leader with keynotes using multiple lines. Revit will place the leader in the middle vertically.

Create one label using both parameters, Keynote Value and Keynote Text. This will allow for the text to wrap below the value.

Set the label's Vertical and Horizontal alignments to Top and Left respectively. This will keep the value stationary for the border.

Since the Value is the only parameter that will have a border it will need to be drawn using lines. Adding spaces to both prefix and suffix of the Keynote will allow for a larger box.

The label background needs to be set to Transparent to allow for the lines to appear thru.

If the location of the leader is critical. Create a blank Annotation symbol. When dropping the symbol on the view next to the Keynote add a leader. This will create some other headaches. You will need to weigh the pros and cons.

Rick