PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Coordinates in plan view is different than coordinates in default 3d view

diesellam
2016-01-20, 03:08 PM
(I posted the following in Autodesk Forum but got no response, see if you guys can respond.)

In this particular Revit file, when I'm in the plan view, I insert the DWG file that has the 2d grid line (Auto - origin to origin), it aligns perfectly.

But when I switch to default 3d view, and insert the same DWG file (Auto - origin to origin), and it doesn't align at all, why?

This has never happened to me for the other Revit files I worked with before. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

OK, I just realized my viewcube doesn't quite align with compass. Could it be the reason causing the misalignment?

As you can see, the "N" is towards Northwest, north true North. How can I reset that so it's true North? The rotate north option is currenty grayed out.

This is the link to the Revit file and the 2d DWG file, see below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q39dyem9v8fmovl/AACijjm4Yd7tr9K_GT-Kru_va?dl=0

Revitaoist
2016-01-20, 11:27 PM
The compass should not be oriented same as the cube unless true north and project north are exactly the same. All views have options for true or project north. Also note you can select a crop region and rotate in in plan.

diesellam
2016-01-21, 12:24 AM
So were you able to reproduce the problem I had? (the CAD file doesn't align in 3d view but only in 2d view?)