PDA

View Full Version : Use design options for Alternates

SCShell
2005-03-22, 01:56 PM
Hey there,

I just posted this in response to thread and decided that it needed to be added to this thread too.
Design options are very handy for use in your CD's. They are a great way to manage and show 'additive' or 'deduct' alternates on the drawings.

I create a new sheet, number it as the base bid sheet number plus "ALT" after it, and use duplicated views of the base "primary" drawings, and then modify those views to show the design option needed for the alternates.

Real timesaver!
Good luck
Steve

NDsmaug
2012-05-15, 08:16 PM
Steven,
It seems like you've done this and had some success. This is my first project where I am developing Add Alternates in Revit as actual model elements rather than descriptors in the specs. I'm not exactly comfortable just yet, but all the blogs and forums I have consulted point to using Design Options as the best way to go. So far, however, I have not found anyone who has elaborated on what it was like to actually produce construction documents with design options and what tips and tricks people may need to know. Or if there are any procedures to follow to get the result you need. Can you go into more detail of what to do to make CDs out of design options? Can you point me to some kind of help resource or tutorial that explains the process? How do schedules work? What about dimensions and tags?
My deadline is imminent and any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you so much!