PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Revit Architecture not launching after reboot;

Morganator
2016-01-21, 12:04 AM
I have been an AutoCAD user for decades but realize that everyone is switching to Revit because of its 'modeling' design format. I just installed Revit Architecture 2016 & rebooted my computer only to discover that RA2016 will not launch! I am new to the Revit software. What's going on? Please email me @ (caddman27@gmail.com). Thanx. (;>)

dkoch
2016-01-23, 11:41 PM
Does anything happen when you try to start Revit Architecture 2016? (Do you get the splash screen, but then it freezes, for example?)

Were there any issues with the installation? How did you do the installation - did you download the program from the Autodesk site, using the Install Now option? Was your anti-virus software disabled at that time? Are you hardwired to your network and internet connection, or are you doing this over a wireless connection? Is the internet service/connection rock solid, or could there have been interruptions in connectivity during the download/install?

Have you tried to repair the installation?

Have you tried to reinstall the software?

Have you tried completely uninstalling the software (including manual removal of any leftover folders/files and deletion of any remaining related registry keys), and then reinstalling the software? If you get to this point, I would recommend using the Virtual Agent to download the installation files, and then running the installation from those files, rather than using the Install Now option.