PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Joining Walls to Floors and Ceilings - Is it possible?

Laudan
2016-01-25, 07:59 PM
Hello,
I am building a very thick rainscreen in Revit. Basically, I have an outer wall and an inner wall. The inner wall is orthogonal to the property line and the outer wall angles out past the property line. At groupings of windows, this outer wall (the rainscreen) is punched with openings. For the sides of this inset piece (at some places it is as deep as 4'), I have used walls (which join fine with the rainscreen, outer wall). I am trying to figure out the best way to build the sill and head of these punched wall openings. I thought floors and ceilings would work well because they will generally update their sketches with boundary wall movement. However, it appears that I can't get rid of the floor and ceiling lines in elevation unless I hide the elements altogether. They won't join with the rainscreen even if the assemblies are identical.

I am looking for tips (on either joining or on better ways to build this exterior wall and its punched openings). I would like to minimize the required clean-up.

Thanks.

Dimitri Harvalias
2016-01-25, 09:57 PM
Welcome to the forums.
Make sure that the wall you are joining the floor and ceiling to have a layer outside the 'core' boundary. When you create the sketches for the floor and ceiling that form your recess use 'pick walls' and make sure the 'extend to core' option is slected. If you use the outer boundary to define your sketch and then 'join geometry' the outer wall layer should cover up the floor edge.