PDA

View Full Version : First try at 3D

GraemeCooper
2005-03-22, 03:19 PM
This is my first bit of real 3D. I wanted to get a model done to explain the job as simply as possible. Worked a treat, with the equipment modelled it only took 3 minutes to explain the job.
Have now got a large selection of 2D and 3D pipe fittings and a menu completed to make selection quick. Trying to show the powers that be that there is an advantage to working in 3D but the dinosaurs don't like change!!!

3D Jack
2005-04-03, 05:53 AM
My utmost sympathy to you in trying to convince members of the "Flat Earth Society" that there is a third dimension to the world. I have been doing 3D in plain AutoCAD for about 11 years and love it. Once you get good at 3D and you write a few programs and macros you see that it really is harder to do 2D than it is 3D. I actually refuse to do 2D work as it makes NO sense when 3D is far superior. Just draw it one time and don't worry about how it looks in different views and hidden lines. Clipped views work for sections. Use lots of layers to freeze and thaw and control what is displayed. Problem is management does not want to change and most people resist change too. Very frustrating. There is an article on CADSEA, I think it is, about management needing to change their attitude first. Also you can look at my web site if you want and maybe refer your managers to take a peak. Not really trying to drum up business as I am currently full time with a branch of Flat Earth Society thinking about going to 3D. Unfortunately 2D Tony is currently in charge. Good luck to you, Jack Foster.
www.3ddesignservices.com
Found the link to article at CADSEA which is below.
http://www.3d-cadcea.co.uk/html/concurrent.htm

Kris.Keller
2005-04-04, 02:06 PM
Looks good. Thank you for submitting it.