PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Graphic issues with revit 2016 interface

SG.Arch
2016-02-07, 12:53 AM
I installed Revit on my new workstation and experienced Graphic problems:
1. When uploading Revit, the ribbon and other keys are not visible until I move the arrow on them.
2. The 'Properties' window will do so as well, but even after it's visible it will fail to function.
3. On the bottom of the screen there are two bars that constantly flashing.
(You can see all problems in the pic attached)
4. Above all, every simple command will make the program stuck.
(CPU goes crazy when Revit is on).

It's impossible to use Revit this way!!!
Has anyone experienced that and know how to fix it?

Some details:
I installed Revit 2016 on a Dell Precision M4800, Windows 10 64bit, Nvidia quadro k2100m, all drivers are up to date.
To avoid all the issues above, I formatted the computer, yet after second installation all problems appeared again.

Thanks for any advice,
Smadar

dhurtubise
2016-02-08, 09:06 AM
I run the same config without any problems.

Are you using nVidia's driver or the Dell one?

meng005
2016-02-08, 03:40 PM
I would also verify in the nVidia console, that Revit is using the Quadro card, and not the one on the motherboard.

SG.Arch
2016-02-09, 05:10 PM
Thank you very much dhurtubise and meng005 for your consideration!

After a long week of trials and mistakes I managed to fix it!
It appears to be a poor mix between 2 definition tools :

Since my machine has a very high res (3200X1800), all items would look too small. my first instinct was to change DPI in the "Advanced appearance settings".
Now, for some reason Revit has Graphic issues when you set a different DPI combined with the "Tooltips" parameter.
This is the only one from the list you'll find in the "Make text and other items larger or smaller" window which cause the problem...

I found few options that allow me to use Revit properly:

1. Leave DPI as it is, without any change. (for me it's an eye sore for the size of all items...)
2.Get DPI up to 195% max and leave the "Tooltips" on it's default size,9. (Again, only "Tooltips" is a problem so you can change other parameters sizes if you'd like to.)
3.Change DPI higher than 195% + changing "Tooltips" to a lower size, 6 for example.

Finally I compromised on the 2nd option, works and looks good in Revit, yet a bit small for me when it comes to text in other programs....
I believe the best option would be to define in advance a general resolution "system" and a different one to a specific program, in this case Revit.
I'm not sure it's possible.
I'll appreciate it if anyone knows better about that, and can share.

Hope it will help someone in the future...
Smadar

danis744387
2017-02-24, 12:12 PM
What i read from Dell Precision M4800 Manual (https://guideusermanual.com/product-name-precision-m4800-manual&po=344509&lang=English) is whenever the graphic issue occur in system, this means you are not using correct drivers, you are using corrupted drivers or the application you are using have obsolete version so try to update it. Keep all these points in your mind and check manual for getting more precaution tips and also to troubleshoot those error you mention in your post. (SG.Arch)

patricks
2017-02-24, 02:32 PM
Yeah that's the problem with having such a high resolution packed into a relatively small screen size. 3200x1800 would work awesome on a 27" or larger monitor! Instead of changing DPI settings, try changing the actual screen resolution settings to a lower amount. Objects won't look as sharp, but they'll be easier to see. Unfortunately that's what happens when a digital display has to scale the screen contents.