PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Simple Revit Viewer for Clients

shbrooks
2016-02-09, 03:05 PM
Can anyone recommend a simple Revit Viewer that I can take to client meetings? Currently I load up the Revit model and try to navigate around it infront of them which appears quite clunky. Also, because our materials are stored on our office server, none of the materials load up!

Previously when working with Archicad, I was able to package the model up in a simple Bimx file that clients could navigate around to their heart's content. Is there anything similar for Revit?

Many thanks
Samuel

GatoVirtute
2016-02-09, 06:10 PM
Have you looked at Revizto? It is free and you can export your model including links rather seamlessly. You can even create an executable file and store that somewhere online like dropbox, they can download it and navigate through the model without needing to download anything.

Revitaoist
2016-02-09, 06:45 PM
Much more impressive for the client if you can make changes on the fly. Get a better laptop.

patricks
2016-02-11, 08:17 PM
A Revit model should be self-contained, including the materials. Materials are stored in the project, so as long as the material is already defined in the project, it will be there no matter where you open the model. A better laptop that runs Revit (each seat can be installed on a second machine for "mobile" use) would be ideal, so that way you can actually make changes while reviewing the model.

dhurtubise
2016-02-12, 10:49 AM
Try A360, it's very impressive on something like a tablet.