PDA

View Full Version : Halftone. Adjusting level of shading.

Taylor A
2003-11-28, 02:25 AM
Is there any way of adjusting the Halftone level of shading. Couldn't find anything in the help files. I print to an OCE 9300 printer (300dpi) and the halftone lines are a hit and miss.
I'm trying to produce Electrical & Drainage Plans with the relevant objects highlighted and other oblects at halftone........Looks great when it comes out of the HP750C (600dpi).

beegee
2003-11-28, 02:42 AM
Depends what you want the underlay for.

If you want it as a background, then you can create your own underlay with the colour selected, as per the following example for an Electrical Plan :-

To create an Electrical Plan with a half tone background:

1: Create a new phase named Electrical. Make it the last phase of the project.
2: Copy the view of each level for which you want to create an Electrical Plan . Name the views ie level 1 Electrical etc.
3: In each of the Electrical Plan Views, set the phase to Electrical. Set the phase filter to show the current phase and previous.
4: Place the Electrical components in the Electrical Plan Views.
5: The building will be "greyed out " in the Electrical Plan Views, if you set the phase filter override for previous to a haltone grey. ( RGB 127,127,12 for example ) The electrical elements will appear in normal lineweight.

You can also adjust the halftone settings for elements, but not for the underlay( afaik ) :-

Open the the Visibility/Graphics dialog

Instead of selecting the Halftone checkbox, select the Line Style
'Override...' button right next to it (select either Cut or Projection line
style as appropriate).

Hitting the 'Override...' button will bring up another dialog box where you
can set overrides for Line Color, Line Pattern and Line Thickness.

Here you can override your line color to whatever color you want (pick a
gray that is darker than 50%). This will be applied view-specifically like
the halftone setting.

Taylor A
2003-11-28, 02:55 AM
Thanks Beegee

I also found this on the Alt.cad.revit site from Andy Gockel

......"I don't think there's a setting to change "halftone" .

Rather than checking halftone, choose "overide" in the projection
& cut columns, and just change the color to a shade you like..."......

Hey...no Rugby....what hell am I going to do this weekend.

beegee
2003-11-28, 03:01 AM
Hey...no Rugby....what hell am I going to do this weekend.

Cricket, Tennis, Surfing, Golf ...... the Iron Man Competition ?
Drinking ??

gregcashen
2003-11-28, 05:49 AM
[quote:a606469ecc="Taylor A"] Hey...no Rugby....what hell am I going to do this weekend.

Cricket, Tennis, Surfing, Golf ...... the Iron Man Competition ?
Drinking ??[/quote:a606469ecc]

Duh...the last of course...gotta prep our guts for Vegas!

beegee
2003-11-28, 06:48 AM
Gambling.... drinking.....nightlife........shows.....fear and loathing...... ( give me time, there must be other things to do in Vegas ).... hmmm...... hmmmm.....
oh yes, ..... revit.

studio3p
2003-11-28, 04:47 PM
I print to an OCE 9300 printer (300dpi) and the halftone lines are a hit and miss.

I have dealt with the half-tone limitations of the OCE 9300 as well. In short, don't hold your breath. The OCE is a wonderful printer for things you need fast (really fast), but in terms of line quality and tone quality it is not a presentation printer. I suggest that you contact your OCE reseller and let them know what you expect when you're dropping that kind of cash.

In terms of a solution (the OCE is too heavy to loft out the window) if you're half-toning is limited to a few sheets then you could print those on the HP and everything else on the OCE. I know that doesn't really solve the problem.

If you do find a better solution with the OCE please post it and let the rest of us know.

Taylor A
2003-12-02, 10:31 PM
Found a new driver on the OCE site.....well new to me.......3.2

www.oce.com

Seems to have a bit more control over the Halftone settings. I haven't tried every possible combination available but it does seem to work better.

Good Luck.

hand471037
2003-12-02, 10:46 PM
We've got a 9400 & a 9600. Both are rather uneven when it comes to any kind of grey tone. they don't do solid blocks of grey well at all. If the line is too thin, and grey, then we'll have problems with them 'phasing in and out' and being generally unreadable. And this is both in AutoCAD & Revit.

Make certain that your grey tones are set to be darker rather than lighter, and make certain that anything grey is a thicker than thinner line. That should help a great deal, irregardless of the software.

and I can't think off the top of my head how you would set the halftone within Revit. If I have time I'll look at it.

Nic M.
2003-12-03, 08:08 AM
we have an OCE9300
We use grey tones all the time, and we are quit satisfied
Driver is 2.8.2 / windows xp

I've included a screencapture to show my settings
Slide the brightness / contrast slider to adjust acording to your taste

Hope it helps