PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Missing PDFs when printing using Bluebeam

SchmooksBK
2016-02-22, 04:15 PM
We use Bluebeam to print our PDFs. Sometimes when we print a batch of PDFs using the "Selected Views/Sheets" Print Range, Revit runs through the printing like it normally does, but the PDFs do not show up in the folder that has been designated for PDF Output. If I reboot the computer and reprint, the PDFs will show up in the designated location so for some reason that temporarily fixes the issue.

Is anyone else out there using Bluebeam encountering the same issue? We've been encountering this issue for a while and would like to get to the bottom of it.

tbodor
2016-02-22, 05:19 PM
We to use Bluebeam as our PDF editor. We have the issue where when you create PDf's from Bluebeam it sometimes doesn't fill in the filled regions on text and other areas. Bluebeam says it's a Revit issus and Revit says it's a Bluebeam issue. I think it is more a Bluebeam problem but that is just me. Either way it sucks and the only good work around for us, till they get their acts together, is we print to PDF using the Cute PDF writer. It's free and it so far has worked every time. Once the PDF's are created we can edit sequence and other things using Bluebeam.

david_peterson
2016-02-22, 06:24 PM
What fonts are you using?
What version of Revit are you on.
I believe Service Pack 1 for R2 for 2016 was supposed to fix some of the pdf issues.
Last time I asked Autodesk about Creating pdfs from Revit the answer I got was they don't support pdfs.
Same reason why I have to print raster 90% of the time because vector things don't always show up. And that doesn't matter if it's pdf or DWF.

david.metcalf
2016-02-23, 03:36 PM
Hi All,

In addition to what's discussed check out this link for tips to reduce RAM consumption.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Revit-Troubleshooting/files/GUID-145EA720-CB52-444E-8804-404CDE14D5D3-htm.html
Also reboot system and just start Revit without other programs in particularly large plot jobs. REduce DPI to see if this helps and if at all possible use lower density filled regions.

Regards,
David