PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Trying to make in-place component as opaque

isaac.mcnicol681686
2016-02-27, 11:48 AM
Hi! Apologies if this has been brought up previously but haven't seen it anywhere. Relative newbie to Revit here too.

I'm documenting a house and wanting to know how to make some simple joinery items. I've modelled up what I want in the in place component without any trouble but the bench top I've drawn shows the chair below it still (albeit hiding some of the lines in it that were showing before). So I tried again with a simple family (my family editor skills are pretty limited) but that had the same effect.

Seems pedantic but I'm using the in-place components in other areas with similar problems. Any clues on how to make the bench top completely opaque without reverting to filled regions?

http://forums.augi.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=103074&stc=1

damon.sidel
2016-03-02, 10:01 PM
Two suggestions:
1. In your In-Place bench family, try a Masking Region (while editing the family, on the Annotate tab). That may take care of it. If not...
2. I bet the problem is the chair family, not your bench family. It probably has annotation/detail lines or a detail component in it in plan view. Edit that family and check out the plan (ref plane) view.

barthbradley
2016-03-03, 01:34 AM
If you modeled both elements as a solid, they should opaque, unless their material is transparent. If these are 2 separate components, then I'm wondering if you have Show Hidden Lines turned on.