PDA

View Full Version : Stairs cut plane

Chad Smith
2005-03-22, 09:26 PM
How does one set the cut plane for stairs when viewed from a view at the top of the flight.

i.e. On ground level, the stairs have a cut plane and everything above this cut plane is shown as hidden.
On the second level (top of the stairs), the entire stair is shown as a full solid line. There is no cut plane, with nothing below the cut plane as hidden.

Chris DiSunno
2005-03-22, 10:04 PM
I've never made stairs in hidden lines when they are not above your head in the cut plane.

If you want to show a stair under a floor or another stair I'd use linework.
I tried raising the bottom of the view and that didn't cut off the stair geometry.

Mr Spot
2005-03-23, 12:24 AM
How does one set the cut plane for stairs when viewed from a view at the top of the flight.

i.e. On ground level, the stairs have a cut plane and everything above this cut plane is shown as hidden.
On the second level (top of the stairs), the entire stair is shown as a full solid line. There is no cut plane, with nothing below the cut plane as hidden.
I've also noticed that Chad. Is a bit weird why they'd accomodate this feature for up and not down...

But to answer your question i haven't go this to work.

Chad Smith
2005-03-23, 12:43 AM
Even though a stair when viewed from the upper level that doesn't have a cut plane looks weird and wrong, maybe it's Revit's way of displaying whether a stair is running up or down.

i.e.
Stair with a cut plane = Going Up
Stair without a cut plane = Going Down

On a similar issue, it would also be nice to be able to get stairs to show as hidden line automatically when hidden by a floor over.

sjsl
2005-03-23, 01:53 AM
Most firms in the US always show the top most stair going down without a break line. This shows where the stair ends at the upper most floor. Drawing convention.

ita
2005-03-23, 03:20 AM
Gees not the stair convention again. :wink: We've got Marty running around in Queensland going berserk about stair conventions :banghead:

PaulB
2005-03-23, 04:05 AM
Could it be that MartyC is going "Stair Crazy"

ita
2005-03-23, 06:55 AM
Man!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: