PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Parametric Array Inside Family Not Updating in Project

space_cowboy
2016-03-04, 06:01 PM
Hi all, I've created a mechanical grille for a project that has a parametric array with constraints for # of louvers, as well as spacing of said louvers. Inside the family, everything updates as expected, however when placed inside a project, the family can only have one spacing type. I have one grille type that is 18x6 with a spacing of 1/4" and another that was 24x36 with a spacing of 1/2". The 18x6 calculates the # of louvers by using the 1/4" value, however still spaces them at 1/2", so that they fall outside of the bounds of the grille itself. If I edit the family, change the active type to 18x6 and reload, it takes preference, however the 24x36 now calculates at 1/2" spacing, but places the louvers at 1/4", thereby creating large gaps at the top and bottom of the louver. Tried making parameters both types and instances to correct the issue, no dice. Never had this problem with formula driven parametric arrays before, a solution would be much appreciated. Family is attached for your experimentation.

barthbradley
2016-03-06, 05:28 AM
I'm not totally sure what the issue is. I made a couple of changes to family and tested in project. Seemed to be fine. But, I didn't spend a whole lot of time with it either. Did my changes fix it?

space_cowboy
2016-03-07, 05:41 PM
I'm still running 2015, anyway you could save it down? Thanks for looking into my problem by the way!

barthbradley
2016-03-07, 08:32 PM
Save it down??? Neat trick if I could. Revit is not backwards compatible.

Here’s what to do: In the family, LOCK the Bottom Ref. Plane and make it the ORIGIN. UNLOCK all the Ref. Planes above it. The Family will now “grow” upwards from that ORIGIN plane. Next, LOCK all your Parameters. Now, SAVE and RELOAD Family into Project and test.

That do it?