PDA

View Full Version : 2015 sheet index order with Linked models

jledgewood
2016-03-11, 08:46 PM
I have figured out how to show the sheets from linked models. the problem I am having now is getting those linked model sheets to show in my sheet index in the correct order. within my revit model I have parameters set up to sort the sheets i.e. DISCIPLINE & DISCIPLINE ORDER. when I am in the "edit schedule" view and I try to populate those columns from the linked model sheets it doesn't allow me.

any suggestions?

dkoch
2016-03-13, 01:55 AM
You have to have the same (shared) parameters in the linked models, and the appropriate values have to be assigned to them, in the linked models.

david_peterson
2016-03-15, 01:00 PM
Best method here is to get one schedule set up with the parameters you want to display in one model.
Then open the links (or your consultants open their models) and use the insert view from model and bring in the schedule.
This seems to be the most full proof.
I've tried the other method in the past where I've sent the shared parameter file to my consultants.
They don't always use it and just try to create their own. The problem is that it won't contain the same GUID. So it won't work.
When you create a new shared parameter, Revit assigns a GUID to it. So it has to be one that was generated from the same place.
If you don't want to create a shared parameter, you can create a project parameter and again just have everyone import that schedule. Then you have the same GUID for the parameter and it's basically shared.
Hope that helps.

vshumate
2016-12-21, 07:41 PM
I've created 3 shared parameters between my model and my MEP consultant's model in order to group and sort their sheets in my sheet index. Two of the shared parameters schedule and sort correctly, but the third parameter does not. All three parameters are shared from the same file. They are all setup as shared text parameters and project parameters in both files. Any thoughts on why two parameters are scheduling and the third isn't?

Thanks!

david_peterson
2016-12-29, 02:07 PM
Open up the consultants model and try to add that parameter to it.
If it allows you to add it, then they didn't follow the correct process.
If they followed the correct process you should get a warning saying that the shared parameter already exists.
Hence the method I use. Create a schedule in your model that has all of the parameters in it that you need and have them insert that schedule into their model.
Your consultant might also have a duplicate parameter and they're filling out the wrong one.
Just another thought.