PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Casework Elevation Swing lines - not dotted

BillB_UH92
2016-03-15, 08:11 PM
Casework Elevation Swing lines:

According to my current Object Styles they should be 1/8" dashed, but they appear continuous (Not dashed).

Things I have tried:
If I click them they turn blue and dashed line appears in the blue; that dashed becomes 1/16" if I adjust the object styles - so I know I am reading the correct object style for these lines.
But unless they are selected and blue - all my elevation swing lines remain continuous, not dashed.

Inside the actual casework family, their does not seem to any extra lines overlapping or "doubling up". I checked all the views inside family editor, nothing amiss.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks

Duncan Lithgow
2016-03-16, 07:05 AM
Symbolic Lines or Model Lines? Try going through this list of 33 things that influence visibility (http://www.revitforum.org/tutorials-tips-tricks/441-cant-see-view-heres-33-reasons-maybe-why.html) from over at Revit Forum.

If that doesn't help (and it usually does if the problem is not a simple mistake) then it's probably easiest if you put the family into a new project file with the same settings and post it here. Pain in the a*se to solve this kind of thing by writing back and forth.

BillB_UH92
2016-03-21, 08:25 PM
Thanks...
I read through the list "33 items that influence visibility" but can not find a solution.
The cabinets are OOTB so it must be a setting in my model.....the cabinets behave normally in a "clean" new project.
The doors are doing the same thing...
I have checked the Manage/Phases/Graphic over rides, the object styles and the visibility graphic over rides but nothing seems incorrect.

The file is just 2.7 MB, somehow the attachment manager will not let me upload for sharing - There is a very arcane error message when I try to upload.....

BillB_UH92
2016-03-21, 09:00 PM
I have it now:
Under "Manage / Phases/ Phase filters /..." I set "show complete" for new work as "over ridden" instead of "by category"
In plan this allowed different hatch for new and existing walls.
In elevation this setting prevented the cabinet elevation swing lines from appearing dotted because the "object styles" were no longer functioning.

Now I use "show new and existing" for the elevation views.

Thanks for trying to help with this.

It became obvious when I toggled the "show complete" to "show new and existing" Hoping this makes sense.... It threw me for a while.

Duncan Lithgow
2016-03-21, 09:54 PM
That list is useful when you think you've run out of things to check. Glad to hear you found the problem.