PDA

View Full Version : MULTIPLE AREA PLANS

dpasa
2005-03-23, 07:27 AM
I have a simple building of 4 houses (2 levels), placed side by side. Consider this as four adjacent boxes. These boxes are placed in a rectang area which is the entire property.
I have made an area plan for ground level and another for the first floor.
Now I want to use the ground level to make another floor plan showing the area that contracts will describe as the final property for each house. So every house will be for example 100m2 and the garden that belongs to this house will be 160m2. I want an area plan showing this total, 260.00 m2.

The problem is that I don't know which floor plan to use to make this area plan. No matter what I try to do my previous info gets lost.

Is there a way to have multiple area plans for one floorplan view?

luigi
2005-03-23, 10:12 AM
Yes, the best way is to name the area plans under settings. This way you can have one type of area setting for one floor plan. The more area settings you have created, the more single floor plans area plans you can have. And you can schedule each, etc.

Hope it was clear!!!

roy.70844
2005-03-23, 12:48 PM
Is there a way to have multiple area plans for one floorplan view?

Yes!

You need to think of colour fills just as any other Revit object (door, window etc). That is, a particular colour fill style can only display one aspect of the floor plan (room name, usage etc).

So if you create a floor plan with a colour fill, then duplicate it with detailing, you will have two plans showing the same aspect. Select the colour fill legend then pick the properties button, then pick edit/new, then pick duplicate. Enter a new name for the required colour fill. Edit the colour scheme to display what you want. Ok back to drawing.

Hope this makes sense (apologies if I teach Grandmother to suck eggs!).

Roy