PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Japanese text export

Marco Garofalo
2016-03-29, 07:12 AM
Hi everybody,

since I work in Japan, I'm currently using asian fonts.
Unfortunately, when I try to export drawings in dxf, I encounter some issues.
Has anybody got some hints on how to do it properly?

If it can help, I attach a snapshot of the revit file and the exported dxf.

Thank you!

Marco

meng005
2016-04-11, 06:05 PM
Hi Marco,

What are the issues? Could you be more specific?

Typically, if the text comes out as boxes, it's a font issue: the exporting font does not include the glyph (character).

If the text comes out in romanized text, but unintelligible, it's a code page issue (DOS legacy).
You can change this on the Windows Control Panel in the Region and Language > Administrative tab > System Locale.

Recommend that you export to a Unicode compliant font: e.g. Arial Unicode MS. It's not the prettiest, but is the most versatile.

Steve_Stafford
2016-04-11, 10:16 PM
I'm just curious why it is necessary to export to DXF? That's practically the oldest exporting format known to CAD. Perhaps you'd have better results using DWG or DGN?

Marco Garofalo
2016-04-12, 12:16 AM
Hi meng005, hi Steve,

thank you for your answers.

I recently found out that, opening the DXF with a DXF reader (and not with the japanese CAD software we are currently using, called JWcad),
there isn't any problem. I'll to figure out how to view correctly the font within the CAD we use in the office.
Thank you!

Marco

P.S.: Steve, I need to export to DXF because the japanese CAD software we use can't read DWG/DGN.

Steve_Stafford
2016-04-12, 02:13 PM
...P.S.: Steve, I need to export to DXF because the japanese CAD software we use can't read DWG/DGN...Thanks, I wasn't aware that any active software was still using it as its primary format.

Marco Garofalo
2016-04-13, 02:31 AM
It's a freeware CAD, with its own format (JWW)... DXF is used only for import.