PDA

View Full Version : 2016 removing Cad drawings in Revit

erik699783
2016-04-02, 12:08 PM
I am finding it impossible to delete the autocad drawings which I imported in my Revit file.

Does anybody know how to deal with this problem?

a_meteni
2016-04-02, 05:14 PM
You can select all elements form a 3D view then use the filter to select imported .dwg files.

Always Link and never Import.

Steve_Stafford
2016-04-02, 05:38 PM
Can you find them? If not then you imported them using Current View Only. You have to find them in the views you imported them. Imported (not Linked) files don't show up in the Manage Links dialog.

Can you find them but not select them? The Selection options Select Links and Select Pinned Elements can prevent selecting and deleting them. Check to see if those options are off. Look under Selection below the Modify button; or the bottom right hand corner on the Status Bar.

david_peterson
2016-04-11, 02:20 PM
There are also some add in tools that can list, Schedule and remove (if you wanted) anything linked or imported. Even does imported and exploded.
Just as another option.

artejon
2017-01-11, 12:46 PM
I have written an add-in that can find, list and delete selected CAD files, it can also purge unused line patterns and line styles. Add-in works both in a project and in a family and is compatible with Revit 2015-2017. If anyone is interested then please contact me.

BIM Cat
2017-05-11, 08:34 AM
Hi arejon, I'm interested!

Have been using DWG Explorer (http://rv-boost.com/revit-plugins/dwg-explorer/) for a long while. It let me see all linked & imported cad file instances & types. I can then see each dwg in its view very quickly to make an informed decision to delete it or not.

It doesn't purge unused line patterns and styles though which your addin sounds capable of...

artejon
2017-05-11, 07:08 PM
Hi arejon, I'm interested!

Have been using DWG Explorer (http://rv-boost.com/revit-plugins/dwg-explorer/) for a long while. It let me see all linked & imported cad file instances & types. I can then see each dwg in its view very quickly to make an informed decision to delete it or not.

It doesn't purge unused line patterns and styles though which your addin sounds capable of...

Hi BIM Cat,

I have sent you a PM.