PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Steel Beam - Plan

Chaos Dimention
2016-04-04, 02:38 PM
Hello Augi Members

I will like to make my Moment Connection Stretch or move as i adjust the length of the beam by clicking on the grip point on each side. Any Tips

Chaos Dimention
2016-04-04, 05:53 PM
updated the block

Chaos Dimention
2016-04-05, 01:11 PM
Almost got it, Just Need the Moment Connections to stay station at the end of the magenta line.

Chaos Dimention
2016-04-05, 07:09 PM
any help will be great

libbybapa
2016-04-05, 09:39 PM
I don't see why you have the horizontal flip for the attributes that are middle justified. Here's your block working correctly.

Chaos Dimention
2016-04-06, 01:03 PM
thank you Libbybapa!!!

I can't believe it only took a point parameter. Am still trying to get the hang of smart blocks. Thank you Again

libbybapa
2016-04-06, 03:11 PM
I'd hesitate to say it 'only took a point parameter'. It's true that is the only parameter I added, but there were several other items to address to get the block working properly. I added the chained point/move for the basepoint (a good rule of thumb is to never stretch the base point directly). That required removal of the basepoint from the polar stretch selection sets and adding the point/move to them. I also added the visibility parameter and other attributes to the 0.5 polar stretch actions. I also needed to add the Distance2 linear parameter to the Polar Stretch2 action's selection set under 'rotate only'. You had the left side yellow arrow included in the Polar Stretch action's selection set under 'stretch' and it should have been under 'rotate only'. Similarly, the right side yellow arrow needed to be removed from the Polar Stretch2 selection set for 'stretch' and added to 'rotate only'.