PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Revit Hyperlink in PDF (Revit 2015 & BlueBeam Revu eXtreme 2015)

kyler
2016-04-18, 01:23 PM
Hello everybody,

As always thanks in advance for any and all help that you can give me.

I tried posting this on Bluebeam forums to no avail so I figured I would try it out here. We have recently implemented Bluebeam PDF software in our office and I'm trying to utilize the Revit plug-in the best way possible. There is an option to create hyperlinks to associate a sheet and detail with all section tags and elevations. This way when you create a PDF set (one single file of the whole set) you can simply click on the section/elevation marker and it will bring you to that detail within the PDF set. The issue I'm having with Bluebeam is that this option is greyed out (see attached). I don't know why it would be. I've also tried using two other different types of PDF software with nothing actual working for me. Has anybody out there created a PDF set with active hyperlinks. This option would make it so much easier for clients and also within our office to review drawings.

Ed Jobe
2016-04-18, 09:25 PM
I'm familiar working with hyperlinks in acad but not Revit. Since nobody is replying, I suggest that you contact support@bluebeam-support.com

kyler
2016-04-19, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the reply. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I was hoping to get some answer here and/or on the BlueBeam Forum but I was not able to. I guess the BlueBeam support was my next step. Thanks again.

You said that you do this in AutoCAD? How do you do that with section markers not being associative?

Ed Jobe
2016-04-19, 02:13 PM
I didn't say I used section marks. I only meant that I have experience using the bb plugin in a dwg with hyperlinks. Let us know what you find out from support.

kyler
2016-04-19, 02:27 PM
Ah, I get it. Sorry I read that wrong. I actually received a quick response (just now) from the BlueBeam support. The reason I have not been able to figure this out is because it is not an option for Revit and BlueBeam at this point in time. The hyperlink option that is shown in the screen shot is for other programs and they just greyed it out in the Revit dialogue box because it is incapable of doing so. So I guess I was not doing anything wrong but unfortunately I have spent a lot time trying to figure out something that doesn't exist. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

I know this is possible to do because somebody in my office has done it before where you can just click on the section marker in the PDF and it will jump to the associated page. The frustrating part is he doesn't know how he did it and has not been able to replicate the results since. Anger...

I've tried using different PDF printing software like PDF Exchange and Adobe PDF but again with no results. It's frustrating because I know it's possible and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Thanks for you help, I guess I could have saved a lot of time just emailing BlueBeam support right at the beginning, lesson learned.

DaveP
2016-04-19, 05:25 PM
Which "Revit 2015" are you using?
I believe the ability to have Revit print Hyperlinks was added in 2015 R2.
Without that (subscription only) release, the only way to add Hyperlinks after the fact is with Bluebeam Extreme.
With Extreme you can select the area where your Sheet Number is. Then Bluebeam will pick up that number, find all references to that number and create a Hyperlink.