PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Error messages while opening central file.

caltineller
2016-04-26, 06:39 AM
Hello,

After creating local file from central file, while opening the Revit file, Revit asks for deleting some dimensions or annotation elements. In order to continue you have to delete these elements. What is causing this and how will I know which elements are deleted?

Craig_L
2016-04-26, 08:05 AM
The deleting of those elements will happen in a few circumstances.
Things like dimensions, spot elevations, and tags are all "hosted" to an object and also hosted in a particular view.
If the object or view is removed/deleted, or perhaps the object is detached from being attached to another object this can "break" the hosting and it will give you this warning.
For example if you place a spot elevation on a slab, and then delete the slab, you will get a warning that all dimensions, spot elevations and tags that are in other views that are associated with that slab will be deleted.
This is basically what is happening, somewhere a "hosting" is being broken, however this does seem odd given you've just opened a local file from a central file.

Are you opening the central file, or the local file?
You can go into the details of the warning and it should show you what is being deleted if it possibly can.

Duncan Lithgow
2016-04-27, 06:24 AM
I've seen this a number of times and it is always unsettling. I don't remember if I get a dialogue showing IDs for the objects being deleted, are you getting that information?

Steve_Stafford
2016-04-27, 04:54 PM
This is often happens because dimensions are related to elements in a linked file and that file has changed but those changes were not reloaded before using Synchronize with Central. It can also occur when a family has been replaced with another one that doesn't have the same structure so a dimension can't find the same point of reference in the new element. Reload Latest or SwC forces Revit to re-examine those relationships and if they are changed it can't leave behind a dimension that doesn't reference something...thus the delete message.