PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Window Areas and the Properties Window

drubinoff
2016-05-02, 08:57 PM
Hi,

I'm using RESCheck to do an energy calculation for a multifamily building as required by my local building department. As most of the windows in my project are unique (it's a weird, old building), I would like to be able to look at the building in an axonometric view, left click on each window, and have the area of the window come up in the properties window (which I then could copy over to my RESCheck form). I don't really want to set this info up in a schedule where I can't intuitively "see" what window I am selecting.

How do I add a calculated value (such as window area, which in this case would be height * width) to the properties window?

I have figured out how to add it to the window schedule by creating a calculated value, but that line item does not show up in the window property window as I click the window in the model.

Does this need to be some sort of calculated parameter (or calculated value based on existing parameters "height" and "width", and if so, how does one set this up
I have the same question about doors.

Thanks,
Derek

Revitaoist
2016-05-02, 10:46 PM
Lock the 3D view, then you can tag them. You can make a shared parameter for the area and make it a formula. Protip: recommend the schedule with a parameter for orientation, then show totals to get the total fenestration area for each orientation. When in a schedule, select all the windows for North orientation, then <ctrl+TAB> to a 3D view to see what you have selected.