PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Stair landing thickness using stair by component

fjtdogeno
2016-05-10, 11:52 AM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone attempt to create 2 stair landing with different thickness? I try but no luck, anyone can assist? I attached the image for info.

Thanks and advance

Craig_L
2016-05-10, 12:58 PM
in this case with variable landing thicknesses, you need to stop your stair 1 riser short of the last landing (the last landing acting as the final riser).
Then just model the last landing out of a slab component. I also model a small triangular piece to infil the gap left between the end of the stairs and the landing (you will realise what I mean after you place the stair)

fjtdogeno
2016-05-10, 01:46 PM
Hi Craig,

Thanks but i did what you advised and if I change 1 landing thickness everything is changed. Stair by component cannot duplicate the landing component.

cheers

Craig_L
2016-05-11, 08:36 AM
yes that's what I am saying.

You can not have multiple different thicknesses for landings in the one stair component.
You need to stop the stair BEFORE the last landing.
Model the last landing as a slab (not part of your stair component)

fjtdogeno
2016-05-11, 12:40 PM
Hi Craig,

Thanks for the effort but I try other way around, I just add 100mm thick structural slab under the landing and join them.

cheers

Craig_L
2016-05-11, 01:41 PM
this will get you a cleaner "finish" without having to add a triangular piece, however if you then go and do a materials take off for your stairs, you need to somehow include the little bits added in (which is also a problem with the other method)
Essentially there is always more than one way to get the same result in Revit

fjtdogeno
2016-05-12, 03:32 AM
Exactly quantity will be added to slab. I go with your suggestion. Thanks Craig.