PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Error : Encountered an imporper Argument

david_peterson
2016-05-16, 01:59 PM
So I have what I would call an odd error happening.
I have a revit 2014 model with lots of links. I can open the file just fine. I can load and unload all the links just fine. However I have one view that every time I try to open that view I get the error "Revit has Encountered a series error, would you like to save a recovery file". I choose no and I try to open the view again. Sometimes it opens, but most times not and I get the following error "Encountered an Improper Argument" and revit gets stuck in a loop.

I've got it down to what I think is an error with one of the links, but I can open the link just fine. I can look at the same floor plan in the linked file just fine.

I can create a new floor plan of the same area and apply a view template created from the unhappy plan, no problem.

I've got all of the updates for 2014.

I can do just about anything else I need to in the file except open that view.

Normally I would just keep the recreated view, but we getting ready to issue record drawings and I'd rather not have to recreate all the annotation and don't want to miss anything.

I looked at what google tells me when I do a quick search, but those seem to be different issues as they can't open the file.
I've got one floor plan that isn't happy.

Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance.

meng005
2016-05-16, 07:12 PM
Have you tried re-creating the central model, with Detached and Audit?

david_peterson
2016-05-16, 07:25 PM
Yep. Including the link that seems to be the problem.
I can unload the link, open the view, and reload a duplicate link file and it's just fine.
If I reload the existing link from the new, separate test file, it crashes.
but I can load that same separate test file as a new link with no issues.

I'm just looking for how I get to a point where I can find the problem element.

david_peterson
2016-05-17, 01:27 PM
Update
If I duplicate the view and reload the link. Still Crashes,
If I duplicate with Detailing and reload the link, still crashes
If I create a new view and use the existing view as a template, I can reload the link, no problem.

Anyone know how to best fix a gremlin within a view?