PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Wall Not Hosting Wall-Hosted FEC Family

CrawfordSmith99
2016-05-17, 03:38 PM
I'm running into a weird situation with a wall-hosted fire extinguisher cabinet family. There are some wall types that will not host the FEC family. When I attempt to place the family, I get a warning saying that Revit can't make the family type (happens for all types in the family). Smaller, simpler walls seem to have no trouble, but one of our larger fire-rated walls simply will not host the family.

If I put the FEC in a "good" wall, then change the wall type to a "bad" one, the FEC gets deleted. Any ides why this may be happening? Thanks.

-Crawford

david_peterson
2016-05-17, 08:25 PM
Any chance you can post the fec family?
If I had to guess it's running out of a hosting object. ie there's not enough wall left to host it after it cuts the hole.

CrawfordSmith99
2016-05-19, 03:13 PM
Any chance you can post the fec family?
If I had to guess it's running out of a hosting object. ie there's not enough wall left to host it after it cuts the hole.

That was my initial thought, but not the case. The family hosts OK on smaller (thinner) walls, it's some of the larger walls that won't host it properly. That makes me wonder if there's something going on with the wall type that's causing the problem, but I haven't been able to identify anything that would do it.

Anyway, the family is attached. Thanks for your attention.

-Crawford

david_peterson
2016-05-19, 07:28 PM
From what I can tell, I think the problem might be with the family.
It seems to want to host to the core of the wall and not the host. Maybe it was intended to work this way, but the trim is hosted off of the face of Core boundary and not the face of the wall.
I'm thinking that might be part of the problem.
Any chance you could post the problem wall as well?

CrawfordSmith99
2016-05-20, 05:24 PM
David, you were right - one of the extrusions was hosting incorrectly. I just went ahead and rebuilt the whole family as a face-hosted family. Should avaoid similar headaches that way. Thanks for your help.

-Crawford