PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Core & Shell Model

bsherrard
2016-06-02, 01:45 PM
We have a high school project with 11 buildings that we now need to issue as two projects - first project will be a core & shell and second project will be a interior fit out. We currently have the buildings as individual Revit Files. We want to combine all of the buildings exterior & core into a single file to facilitate the development and issuing of the core & shell package and then will create the second project with the core/shell model linked into the other buildings and set as "existing" phase. This will allow any changes made during the construction of the core/shell to be able to be issued and coordinated with the work on the interior fit out.
I have two questions: Any recommendations on how to get the core/shells of the existing Revit models moved into a single model? Any general comments on our planned approach?

david_peterson
2016-06-02, 05:57 PM
You can link all the C&S models together and Bind them. That's an option
If you have the same coordinate set up you can copy and paste aligned to current.
Depending on SF, I'm not sure I would put them all together. 11 buildings seems like a lot to manage in one file depending on how you're packaging it.
I've just completed a large 350ksf new building/remodel of an existing hospital that was done in 17 phases. We just used phasing with separate views for each "Package" and set the phasing accordingly.
There's a lot of options out there for those kinds of things.
We've also did a much larger facility consisting of multiple packages with 90+ models, and a larger project team where the shell was split into 2 models/packages and the detailing was all done in a separate model.
All depends on Scale, size, number of users that need to be in the model at the same time.

bsherrard
2016-06-02, 06:29 PM
Thanks Dave.