PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Missing targets on camera

Mottiqua
2016-06-10, 04:29 PM
Hi All,

Just started noticing that when I go to make a camera view on some of my plans, the target lines and camera icon do not appear.
It will make a camera view, however it will be blank.
Has anyone encountered this issue? It's driving me crazy because it only occurs on my second and third floor plans.

Duncan Lithgow
2016-06-16, 07:49 AM
Are you sure that the elevation placement of your camera means that it should be visible in the view?

Mottiqua
2016-06-16, 02:54 PM
Are you sure that the elevation placement of your camera means that it should be visible in the view?

when I change the elevation in the 3d view itself, I can see the perspective. However, it doesn't seem to solve the issue of why I can't see the camera icon and its targets in the floor plan when I go to create the 3d view. Essentially I'm drawing blind.

Duncan Lithgow
2016-06-16, 09:43 PM
Maybe this is the problem: http://bimscape.com/revit-wheres-my-camera-gone/ (partly behind a paywall)

You need to select the crop region of the perspective, it should show grips when it's selected. For as long as it is selected you should be able to see the camera. There's a certain workflow to make this work easiest, which I can't remember, but try it out.

Mottiqua
2016-06-21, 03:04 PM
Maybe this is the problem: http://bimscape.com/revit-wheres-my-camera-gone/ (partly behind a paywall)

You need to select the crop region of the perspective, it should show grips when it's selected. For as long as it is selected you should be able to see the camera. There's a certain workflow to make this work easiest, which I can't remember, but try it out.

That helps if I want to see where I placed my camera, but doesn't help when I initially go to place my camera. That's where I'm having issues.

patricks
2016-06-23, 01:53 PM
Check to see if your active Workset is set to Hide in the view where you're creating the camera. If your current workset is hidden in a view, things like camera field of view and depth lines, text leader lines, etc. will be hidden until after you've actually placed the camera, text, etc.

So I usually have my Building Interior workset hidden in site plan views. But if I have that Interior workset as my current, active workset, and I try to place a camera in a site plan view, I don't see anything related to the camera until after the 3D view is created and I hit Ctrl-Tab to switch back to the site plan view.

*edit* same holds true when placing any 2D view-dependent object. Even though it will show up in a view because it's view-dependent (no user-defined workset assigned since it's not a 3D object), it will not show up when placing the object until after you've clicked to actually place it.