PDA

View Full Version : Complex Forms

arskrasows
2005-03-24, 03:48 AM
Does anyone know how to create walls like the picture attached?

Should I do them with the "create" tool, or there is no way to do it like the curtain walls new option in R 7.0?

Thanks

Scott Hopkins
2005-03-24, 04:39 AM
arskrasows,

Just curious, are you an architecture student in a design studio that just started using Revit? The reason I ask is that there have recently been a bunch of new posts all asking questions about complex forms, all by people with very unusual names.

In answer to your question,

The create tool can be used to make some very complex forms. Experiment with Curved sweeps, blends and voids.

And yes, the curtain wall tool is very powerful as well. Check the tutorials on creating complex forms with curtain walls.

arskrasows
2005-03-25, 02:06 AM
Hello Scott,

Thank you very much for your prompt answer, that means I am going in the right direction with the right command.

My name is Arseny Krasowsky, I am mexican (how strange isn't?), a Licensed Architect in Mexico, and currently working for an Architectural firm in Miami. I started using Revit since September last year and developing all my personal projects in it.

The reason of my question, is because I like going into competitions and would like to use complex forms, but I don't want to jump from one software to another. I want to get the most from Revit and implement it 100%.

Please find attached one of my works. Is not an organic project but it was done for a competition.

Best regards!

Scott Hopkins
2005-03-25, 05:20 PM
Arseny,

Nice work! Do you make it back to Mexico often? I have been very impressed with the quality of architecture in Mexico as of late. I am a big fan of the work of Kalach + Alverez.

Andre Baros
2005-03-25, 07:35 PM
Seams to me, because of the lack of clear distinction between the walls and roof, that the whole thing could be done as a roof or a series of roofs without walls at all.

arskrasows
2005-03-25, 10:00 PM
Yes, I go very often, and sometime in the near future I will return definitely to Mexico to be able to practice independently.

I am a fan of Kalach too, he is doing impressive things. There is a new book about his works you may like.

arskrasows
2005-03-25, 10:03 PM
Hello andrebaros,

You gave me a good idea to start playing with. If this can be treated as a series of roofs perhaps you can just mirror them to have the entire form as "a one".

rlaffitt
2009-04-23, 02:54 AM
Does anyone know how to create walls like the picture attached?

Should I do them with the "create" tool, or there is no way to do it like the curtain walls new option in R 7.0?

Thanks

Hola Arseny, no tiene nada que ver con tu pregunta de la imagen, soy Rafael Laffitte, estudiamos juntos en el West te acuerdas?? te envio mi mail rlaffitt@hotmail.com, nos escribimos saludos